A brilliant zero-waste alternative to bottled shampoo!
This concentrated solid shampoo for all hair types has a lovely exotic scent. The combination of an intensely sweet, floral fragrance of Ylang Ylang and the fresh, fruity aroma of Sweet Orange oil is complemented by the rich, earthy aroma of Patchouli. Three Hill Soaps have added some Turmeric powder to brighten up blonde hair when using the shampoo on a regular basis and an Orange Peel Powder which promotes hair shine, softness and flexibility as well as strengthening the hair.
Take this solid shampoo with you instead of a regular plastic bottle. They last for months so save you on money and space and as it requires minimal packaging is very earth friendly. If you haven’t experienced a solid shampoo, try one, you’ll be glad you did.
No fuss, no mess. Simple, solid (SLS, SLES free) shampoo does away with wasteful over-packaging and environmental worries in one. Perfect for anyone who loves the planet as much as their hair. Not a gimmick, this rich, solid shampoo for all hair types effectively cleanses and moisturises to leave your hair looking nourished and healthy.
- Hair is clean and easy to comb
- It’s easy to use, its shape fits right into your palm, it is light and very convenient for travelling, camping, or carrying wherever you wish to
- It produces abundant, mild foam that is kind, even to processed hair
- It’s gentle to your hair and scalp
- It promotes healthy and shiny hair
These shampoos are very economical as each bar lasts much longer than a bottle of liquid shampoo.
This highly-concentrated shampoo bar weighs roughly 70g (2.47oz) which represents 45 – 50 washes, of course, it depends on your hair length and is similar in usage to 450-500ml (15.2 – 16.9oz) of liquid shampoo.
This solid shampoo is gentle to your hair and scalp. It does not contain any propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), silicones or artificial fragrances, colourants and preservatives.
Active Ingredients in Shampoo
Gentle Cleansing Agents:
SCI (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate) is the main ingredient of the shampoo. It is a natural, mild and gentle cleansing agent, made from the natural fatty acids which occur in coconut oil and which effectively remove dirt and grease from the hair and scalp resulting in a gentler finish. SCI creates a beautiful, luxurious foam without losing its mild and softening properties. Three Hills Soap use an eco-friendly and biodegradable cleansing agent which is suitable for use in both soft and hard water.
Another ingredient used in this shampoo is Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, also known as SLSA. This cleansing agent leaves a pleasant, silky feeling on the skin which prevents it from drying out or becoming damaged after washing in contrast to the commonly used SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) or SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) which are not approved for natural cosmetics. With a large molecule size, SLSA won’t cause skin irritation as it is impossible for it to penetrate the skin membrane. They are both of 100% natural origin.
- Coconut Oil contributes to the better hair quality by delivering the shine, softness and power to the damaged hair
- D Panthenol improves hair quality, increases shine to hair and reduces a hair breakage as it coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricating the hair shaft and making strands appear shiny
- Wheat Protein can impart hair repairing properties, improve the ease of hair combing and improve colour deposition and retention of dyes on hair
- Silk Amino Acids, also known as Sericin, has excellent moisture preservation characteristics and hair repairing properties
- Glycerine is sourced from Rapeseed Oil and it prevents drying of the scalp by helping to restore the skin’s water
- Orange Peel Powder promotes hair shine, softness and flexibility while strengthening the hair too
- Turmeric Powder brightens up the blonde hair
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is an effective natural treatment to reduce hair fall caused by stress
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and can help to renew and repair scalp and improve hair growth
- Patchouli Essential Oil can help to treat hair loss and ward off dandruff
How to Use
Circle the bar gently over wet hair once or twice depending on hair length. Use sparingly – a little rub is all you need! Massage from the roots to the ends of the hair. Rinse thoroughly and condition if your hair would like a little extra love.
Please do not allow the shampoo to sit in water between uses. Store in a dry place, ideally in the soap dish.
Packaging: Aluminium Tin
Shampoo Bar Weight: 70g